Preselection results of the 3…2…1…DANCE!
There were 35 pieces submitted for the 8th edition of the choreographic competition 3…2…1…DANCE! including solo, duets and trios from Poland, Canada, Japan, Germany, Israel, USA, Austria, Portugal and Slovenia.
After considering all the applications, the Organizers qualify for the competition the following works:
- „Birches” chor. April Veselko duo (Slovenia)
- „Form 01” chor. Damian Drozd solo (Poland)
- „Fur Roman” chor. Monika Witkowska solo (Poland)
- “KOSMO” chor. Zuzanna Pruska, Yoh Morishita duo (Poland, Japan)
- „Melancholia” chor. Jakub Lewandowski solo (Poland)
- „Między nami…” chor. Anna Sawicka-Hodun duo (Poland)
- „Moira” chor. Ilona Gumowska duo (Poland)
- „No, where” chor. Paulina Będkowska, Monika Małycha solo (Poland)
- „Pulso” chor. Maria Rita Nogueira solo (Portugal)
- „STONEWALL INN” chor. Jarosław Mysona solo (Poland)
- „zeSTRojeNIE” chor. Marta Jakimicha, Paulina Spiel duo (Poland)
The commission has decided to distinguish these proposals, taking the following into accout:
- composition of the whole piece;
- the idea;
- consistency of chosen elements such as music, costume, aesthetic and artistic means;
- technical level of dancers and their expressiveness;
- uniqueness of the language;
- other choreographic values.
the pool of prizes: 3100 euro + workshops during Contemporary Dance Festival SPACER
- 3x first prize 500 euro
- 3x second prize 300 euro
- 1 x audience prize 300 euro
- Grand Prix 400 euro
JURY: Gwyn Emberton, Małgorzata Haduch, Agata Moląg, Jacek Przybyłowicz
24th March 5 pm KCC Studio
competition evening (preselected pieces) + feedback
25th March 6 pm KCC Studio
announcement of results, presentations of winners and premiere „I am love” by Barbara Bujakowska, Daria Kubisiak, Marcin Janus
Tickets for each evening: 25 zł
The event 3…2…1… DANCE! is a choreographic competition which has taken place annually since 2011. The competition includes solo works, duos and trios, basing on widely perceived contemporary dance techniques. The main aim of the competition is to confront your own choreographic work with professional jury and the feedback, from both the jury and the audience, which is to educate the latter. 3…2…1…DANCE! is one of the few Polish competitions which is directed to those choreographers who are looking for their own, original manners of expression, regardless of their age and experience.
The form of the competition constitutes its distinctive feature; according to it every juror, without consulting other members of the jury, awards his/her own two prizes for two chosen presentations. The juror has to determine what values of a particular performance influenced his/her decision and list them on the certificate. Additional prizes in the competition are the audience award and the Grand Prix. The Grand Prix will be chosen by the Organizers from among all the winners and will be awarded for the first time during this year’s edition of the competition.