The Kraków Choreographic Centre, operating within the Nowa Huta Cultural Centre, is a place dedicated to the art of contemporary dance.
WE MOVE WITH DANCE – the KCC organises dance classes and events in three areas:
- artistic – producing its own performances and organising artist residencies;
- educational – holding regular classes and organizing Polish nationwide and international dance workshops;
- impresario services – presenting guest performances.
MISSION – promoting contemporary dance:
- supporting creators and educating dancers,
- building audiences for dance performances,
- participation in innovative projects, international cooperation.
ART EXPERIENCE – full dimension of dance:
- raising the value of dance against other fields of contemporary art;
- creating a space-time continuum for dance;
- professionalisation of activities.
In the years 2014-2019, the Kraków Choreographic Centre was the organiser of: the SPACER Contemporary Dance Festival, the BalletOFFFestival, and the 3…2…1…DANCE! choreography competition. In 2021, these events were merged into an international festival, the Kraków Dance Festival. Kraków Choreographic Centre is a part of Polish Dance Network.
LATEST IMPORTANT EVENTS AND PROJECTS:
- 1-7 August 2022 Krakow Dance Festival HERE AND NOW INTO INFINITY;
- KCC productions: MISSPIECE, GUPPY 13, TYMCZASOWE NOŚNIKI KRAJOBRAZU, The voice of seniors, Jestem miłością III, THE VESSEL and others;
- Polish Dance Network – presentations of KCC productions (TENS, THE VESSEL) and hosting performances;
- International artistic project with seniors;
- KCC residencies and „Dance in progres”: TYMCZASOWE NOŚNIKI KRAJOBRAZU
Actual team of Krakow Choreographic Centre is:
Marta Wołowiec | head of Krakow Choreographic Centre
Files to download:
Fot. Klaudyna Schubert